Ate healthy most of the week.....check
Worked out at the gym...check
Devotion with Kenzie.....once.....half a check
So, I think I am on my way. Not perfect, but who is really?
I thought that today I would post some of my favorite things about Mackenzie, my daughter. Mackenzie is 12.....need I say more???? So, as I have mentioned, there are times recently when our interaction has been strained. I am raising Kenzie totally on my own, she does not know her earthly dad, so this, of course adds to the stress of childrearing I suppose. However, we have done a great job just the two of us. I love her with all my heart, she is the light in the dark and the wind in my sails.....even when she is being difficult.
Here are a few of my favorite things.....about Mackenzie.....(in no particular order)
1. She makes me laugh EVERYDAY. Her sense of humour amazes me sometimes.
2. Mackenzie has a heart of gold, she sees people for who they are not what they wear or what they look like.
3. She can laugh at herself.
4. She is a bit of a daredevil.......you name it, she'll try it, if it involves a bit of risk even better! A lot like her Mom I think. This could turn out in time to be one of my least favorite things, but for now, I love it.
5. Mackenzie readily says that she is sorry if she needs to be, and ALWAYS tells me that she loves me.
6. She loves her family.
7. She is not afraid to fail.
8. She is not afraid to try something new.
9. Mackenzie is wonderful with children, in my opinion she has a gift. One of the best babysitters EVER.
10. She likes to make people feel special and important, something I wish that I was better at.
This list could go on and on. It has been therapeutic to write these things down. Tonight, if an argument arises, I will think about this list and hopefully smile, realizing that my little girl is going through a big change in her life and that she is awesome and beautiful inside and out.