Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Posted by CC at 10:05 AM
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Ate healthy most of the week.....check
Worked out at the gym...check
Devotion with Kenzie.....once.....half a check
So, I think I am on my way. Not perfect, but who is really?
I thought that today I would post some of my favorite things about Mackenzie, my daughter. Mackenzie is 12.....need I say more???? So, as I have mentioned, there are times recently when our interaction has been strained. I am raising Kenzie totally on my own, she does not know her earthly dad, so this, of course adds to the stress of childrearing I suppose. However, we have done a great job just the two of us. I love her with all my heart, she is the light in the dark and the wind in my sails.....even when she is being difficult.
Here are a few of my favorite things.....about Mackenzie.....(in no particular order)
1. She makes me laugh EVERYDAY. Her sense of humour amazes me sometimes.
2. Mackenzie has a heart of gold, she sees people for who they are not what they wear or what they look like.
3. She can laugh at herself.
4. She is a bit of a daredevil.......you name it, she'll try it, if it involves a bit of risk even better! A lot like her Mom I think. This could turn out in time to be one of my least favorite things, but for now, I love it.
5. Mackenzie readily says that she is sorry if she needs to be, and ALWAYS tells me that she loves me.
6. She loves her family.
7. She is not afraid to fail.
8. She is not afraid to try something new.
9. Mackenzie is wonderful with children, in my opinion she has a gift. One of the best babysitters EVER.
10. She likes to make people feel special and important, something I wish that I was better at.
This list could go on and on. It has been therapeutic to write these things down. Tonight, if an argument arises, I will think about this list and hopefully smile, realizing that my little girl is going through a big change in her life and that she is awesome and beautiful inside and out.
Posted by CC at 11:20 AM
Monday, January 11, 2010
I write today with a request. I ask for prayer. As you know my heart is on the mission field and I have been trying to find out where I fit. I believe that I have found that place. YWAM, Northern Uganda. Today I recieved the application form and have the date......JUNE!!!!! We serve a giant GOD, a good God, a God that can make anything happen, and so I step out in faith asking for His provision.
Here are a few practicle prayer requests:
1. I need to have the application form, references,and medical form in ASAP. Please pray that there would be no delay.
2. Finances. Pray that I would recieve the necessary sponsorship.
3. My home. I would like to rent out my home, please pray that God would send the right person for this.
4. Kenzie. Please pray that her heart would be softened and readied, pray that schooling for her would all work out.
5. Pray that the enemy would be squashed, that his attempts at making this difficult would not work.
As time goes by I will continue to post prayer requests and keep you all up to date.
I am so excited and thrilled that God has chosen us for this.
Thank you friends.
Posted by CC at 11:11 AM
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
My heart grew two sizes today.........atleast it felt that way.....
One of my resolutions as some of you know from reading my last post was to love more, to love better. Today, before I placed my feet on the floor I asked God to show me how, I asked Him to give me His eyes, His heart. He is faithful.
On my way back to work after lunch, I drove the way my car wanted to go...... Starbucks.....ok, ok, I wanted to go too. Anyway, as I drove down the main street I began to SEE people, I began praying for them, asking God to meet any need they may have, to bless them today. As I was talking to God, I suddenly felt blessed, not only because I was praying for others but because it struck me that perhaps as I walked down that same street in the past someone may have prayed for me. It really did feel like my heart grew 2 sizes, I was truly overwhelmed.
The radio was playing this song as all of this was going on.....I wanted to share it.
Be blessed today friends.
Posted by CC at 3:09 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Happy New Year everyone.
I have been thinking about the whole new years resolution thing, and after spending some time reading blogs on the subject I began to realize that I have never been one to make resolutions. Why? Because of a lie......." You will fail, so why try????" Whispered in my ear by the master of lies himself.
This year I stand against that lie.............I am making some resolutions.
I will begin with the old faithful for most of us ladies.....yes, you guessed it, I am going to lose some weight. I already eat healthy, minus the last two weeks.....and I exercise regularily, so I will kick this up a notch believing that I CAN DO IT, I WILL NOT FAIL!
Wow......putting in down in writing sure does make me commit a little more......I will keep you posted on my progress.
OK......now lets get really serious......
My second resolution is to commit to doing regular devotions with Mackenzie. We both do our own, but we really need to be doing this together. I truly admire anyone who has a handle on this one. Truly the fact is that my wonderful, lovely, gentle, gifted, amazing....PRE TEEN and I butt heads more than I would like to admit, so this has been a bit of a struggle, depending on hormone levels and such. Weird, right? That time spent with God is a struggle? Again....LIES, LIES, LIES. WE CAN DO IT, WE WILL NOT FAIL. I will keep you posted on this also, and please feel free to hold me accountable.....
My third and last one is a biggy.............
John 13:35 (New International Version)
35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
I need to love more. I need to show love more. I need to stop getting frustrated with people, and just love love love. I have been finding this difficult the last few weeks. I want others to see Jesus in me, I want to see people the way that He does, I want to love like He loves all of us. I CAN DO IT, I WILL NOT FAIL.
Posted by CC at 11:10 AM